Local Area Attractions
Visit Whistler in the warmer seasons and be prepared for fun without the snow: bungee jump, paraglide over coastal forests, horseback ride on the mountains, take a wildlife tours and look for bears, hit the downhill mountain bike park or canoe lakeside parks.
Our RV and camping enthusiasts have plenty to choose from among Whistler’s big list of things to do!
- Mountain Biking: Whistler Mountain Bike Park has over 200km of lift-serviced mountain bike trails. Something for every level of bike rider.
- Canoeing: Whether it's the river of Golden Dreams, Alta or Rainbow Lake, every level of skill can be accommodated.
- Dancing: Kick up your heels at Tommy Africas, Garfinkles, or Moe Joes, or kick back with a pint in the many pubs throughout Whistler Village.
- Dining: From five- star dining to late night hot dog stands, Whistler has it all. Eat at the famous “Araxi” featured in Gordon Ramsey’s television show “Hell’s Kitchen,” or grab a Classically Canadian Poutine and eat outside at Zog’s Dogs.
- Glacier Skiing and Riding: The sun is shining and there’s still snow on the glacier, the summer glacier experience is the best of both worlds.
- Fishing: The “Sea to Sky Area” has some of the best fishing in Canada. Birkenhead River and Upper Lillooet River are in nearby Pemberton, and Whistler’s secluded alpine lakes offer fishing opportunities as well.
- Eco Tours: Good for all ages. A guided walk, pedal, or hike, will help you get familiar with Whistler’s beautiful forest ecosystems.
- Golf: Several exceptional golf courses are located in Whistler.
- Hang Gliding: Fly over granite peaks and ice fields; flying site is accessible from Whistler Blackcomb Ski lifts.
- Hiking: Whistler RV Park and Campground has trails on the property to explore, but there are also many other trails such as Brandywine Falls, Lost Lake Trails, and Ancient Cedars Trail.
- Heritage Site: Paddle to the North Shore of Green Lake to find the historical Green Lake Ghost Town. Guided tours are available.
- Nothing: Sometimes the best part of an RV or Camping holiday! Read a novel, watch the eagles, or just sit back and enjoy the fresh air!
- Picnicking: Take the family on a hike up Black Tusk and enjoy a meal in the stunning mountain meadows.
- Sailing: Alta Lake offers sailing and there are spots to rent almost any type of watercraft, from kayaks, canoes, sailboats, windsurfing boards, and paddle boats.
- Swimming: Try the many lakes in Whistler, or head to the Medow Park Sports Center for an indoor swim or hot tub.
- Shopping: Shop for ski gear or browse world class boutiques.
- Spa: We can book a mobile spa to set up in your RV, or you can take a trip into the village to visit the many spas there.
- Tennis: Whistler offers several beautiful outdoor tennis courts that are free to the general public.
- Water Skiing/ Wake Boarding: When you can’t ski or board on the mountain, head to the lakes.
- White Water Rafting: Take a river rafting adventure, trips available for all skill levels.